Sunday, June 22, 2008

Old Friends, Family, New Friends


Thursday night an old roommate from SLC stayed over at the house. She is from Alaska and is moving back. So she drove to Vancouver then on Friday Kami and I went with her up to Seattle. She dropped off her car to be ship and we headed into the city for a few hours before she flew out. It was one of those perfect Seattle days. However, I made a mistake and didn't stop at the French Bakery near Pikes. But the weather was perfect and the site of Mt. Rainer almost made me want to climb it. A sunny day in Seattle is one of my favorite things about Washington.


Friday night we headed over to Laura's. That night we played a wild game of Bang. Me being the Outlaw won as I killed the sheriff.

The next morning, which for Bert and I was 5am thanks to Melia, we had a great pancake breakfast thanks to Bert and then some more wild game of Disney Bingo and Elfly. We then headed over to a state park that had an amazing play ground. Melia could have stayed there all day long. But as for me after playing pilot, hide and go seek, and spinning on the tire swing I was done for.

Kami and I left back to Vancouver from there. Where we met up with some new friends, yes I have started to make friends in the Clark ward. We got together at Frenchman's Bar for a friendly game of volleyball. It was lots of fun. When we could handle the mosquitos anymore we went to a house near by for a bonfire.

I will say besides the weekends I have spent with family this is the best one so far since I have been back in Vancouver. Which makes me hopefully that more good things are to come.

4 comments:

NicKim Family said...

Aunt Annie, I love you so much! Thank you for the pictures of Melia - I miss her and it was fun to see pictures of her. Love, Lucy

Mower Family said...

So who REALLY had more fun at the park you or Melia? Glad you had some Clark ward people to hang out with. I remember it took me forever to get into the social thing there.

Amy said...

Cool! I'm glad to see you blogging! Now we just need to work on Bert and Laura to blog!

Jodi Nelson said...

Bueno Annie Mo Mo!!!!!!! Welcome welcome to the land of Blog... yeah!!!! Oh Seattle, isn't it great?!