Friday, June 12, 2009

Backpacking with the Parents.

I'm thinking of starting a new business. I'm think I should take senior citizen on 1st time backpacking trips. So I used Mom and Dad as a test. Honestly I think it went quite well.

We had a great time. We hiked the Lewis River Trail and had it all to ourselves which was even better. The river to so high and rushing we were tempted with go find a raft, which in that case Dad would have to bring out his old river guiding skills.

About 2.5 miles in we found a great campsite and setup. We made a great dinner with chili and dumplings. We ventured out on after dinner hike then came back to site by the warm fire while eating some peach cobbler. It was a great camping trip.

This is the trip I first tested out my new gear from Dr. Young. The pack was great and the sleeping pad, oh my that was even better. Big Agnes in what you want to buy, you'll sleep like a baby.

Thanks Dr for a happy back.

No comments: